Compatible models include:
- Nissan Terrano – year1993 – 2004
- Nissan Pickup ( with diesel engine) – year 1983 – 2005
- Nissan Np300 (with diesel engine) – year 1983 – 2005
- Nissan Urvan Diesel – year 1986 – 2001
- Nissan Y61 Patrol 4.2 litre diesel – year 1997 – 2014
Why we recommend you buy genuine OEM parts is simply because of the following reasons. Read this before leaving this site. It’s very crucial to you and your car
Counterfeit/non-genuine Oil Filter Issues
Using a fake oil filter (not just an off-brand one) can often lead to some seriously detrimental effects on your engine. Though the initial part cost can be much cheaper than going OEM, the result can be thousands of cash in repair bills.
Three possible effects of a fake oil filter include:
- Blocked oil filtration – This initial result is caused by the fact that fake filters often have faulty bypass valves. If the filter itself becomes blocked or clogged, the bypass valves won’t work to let oil through. This expose crucial engine parts to damage and failure, resulting in huge expenses.
- Reduced service life – Counterfeit filters result in reduced service life. Your car is going to be breaking down more often, which means more frequent trips to the mechanic. The costs, once again, shoots up.
- Engine damage – Since counterfeit filters do a poor job filtering dirt, metal and other particulates out of the oil, these fragments end up in your engine eating away vital components. This is very damaging- just imagine the harm a beverage full of minute shrapnel would do to your digestive tract! unlike our bodies, cars can’t heal themselves. Unfiltered oil can result in the vehicle needing a complete engine rebuild or even require a new engine, which is- you guessed it right – really expensive.
All these explains why the second-hand car parts business is really booming! Don’t fall to the trap.